Monday, June 25, 2012

Patchwork Sassaman Style

Patchwork Sassaman Style by Jane Sassaman
I received a copy of this new book from Jane Sassaman and Dragon Threads Ltd. last week and have enjoyed looking through it this past weekend! Jane has a great eye for designing colorful fabrics and the way that she chooses pieces of those designs and makes use of them in her quilts are just stunning. This sure makes me want to look through my fabrics and pull some out to try this style of quilt with! I'm hoping to have some time later in the week to give that a try.
I'm participating in a blog hop about this book later on in July (& you'll be able to win a copy of the book at each of the stops)! Here are the other participants in the hop:
July 3: Jessica Sloan
July 4 Happy 4th of July!
July 5 Judy Coates Perez
July 6 Jane Sassaman
July 7 Dragon Threads
July 8 Gloria Hansen
July 9 Melissa Peda
July 10 Susan Bruebaker Knapp
July 11 Jacquie Gering
July 12 Weeks Ringle
July 13 Sew Cal Gal
July 14 Here!
July 15 Pam Matthews
July 16 Frieda Anderson
July 17 Pat Sloan
July 18 Jan Krentz
July 19 Make It Simpler
July 20 Lyric Kinard
July 22 Jane LaFazio
July 24 Nancy Zieman
I hope your week is off to a good start! I woke up this morning to find that the deer in our area had a great breakfast feasting on all of my plants and flowers. It's probably this mama deer and her two babies that the kids and I keep seeing crossing the road in front of us while we're going to and from swim team. They sure are cute, but not so much when they're eating all the flower buds!
~Jessica

7 comments:

M&M Quilts & Embroidery said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tammy said...

Wow, can't wait for the Hop!

Tamie said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your blooms. I love watching the deer up at our mountain cabin but get so discouraged when they make a meal of the little bit of gardening that I get to.

Catskill Quilter said...

Sorry about your flowers, but I sure do miss seeing the deer walking through my yard in the Catskills! It sounds like your visiting doe has twins and is showing them off. Great to know that Jane Sassaman has a new book -- her first one was fabulous! She is definitely an original.

Mina said...

Cant wait for the blog hop! I recently was gifted with a Sassaman fat quarter bundle and have been wondering what to make with it.

René said...

Bummer about your plants. Let me guess...Hostas? The deer around here are terrible (Just N.E. of G.R.) and they recently made a dinner of my hostas and strawberries.

Each summer I have to recruit my 2 sons to go pee on the Hostas for me to take care of this problem.

I know it sounds gross but it works. I wouldn't recommend this if you live in town but I live in the woods so there is no chance of the boys exposing themselves to any passerby's.

Besides, little boys love to pee outside so it gives them something to do in the summer (since they are soooo bored already):)

Good luck!

Beverly said...

Love your block. I think it's gorgeous!