Monday, June 4, 2012

tossed bouquet quilted pillows

pillows - c
We had a quiet weekend so I decided to pull out some fabrics and start sewing! It was great to get back into creating some new things. I started out by drawing out a sketch for this block and am really happy with how it turned out as a pillow.
pillows - b
In piecing these pillows, I used the same technique as the "sun rays" block. I've always meant to do this with that design. I really like the movement and the interesting pattern that it makes within the block.
pillows - f

pillows - e
The backs were fun to make, too. It's a simple envelope closure with a band of contrasting fabric on the one show side. I just like how that looks and I think it  adds a little more strength to that piece of fabric. It just finishes it off perfectly.
pillows - a
The quilting is fun and simple, too. There's a layer of cotton batting in between and a stippling design for the quilting.
pillows - d
The pillow covers are made for two 18" pillow forms and are available in my etsy shop!
I hope your week is off to a great start. I'm headed to the zoo today with my little guy before the older ones start summer break later in the week!
~Jessica

19 comments:

Anne said...

They are lovely!
Have fun in the zoo today!

Jennifer @ Ellison Lane Quilts said...

Those are lovely and you're right- the band is the perfect touch!

Domina said...

I love the colors and movement - the chambray adds a nice touch. My son thought they were quilts at first - can't you see this design enlarged? Fun!

randi--i have to say said...

I just love the layout of the fabric. So pretty!

Jeni said...

These are so pretty Jessica! Love all the little details! :)

Richard Healey said...

Love the pillow's the colors are wonderful.

http://richardquilts.blogspot.com

krista said...

oh wow, they're so lovely! have fun at the zoo :D

Chelsea said...

Those are so pretty! Is the floral from the latest DS line?

Anna O said...

Beautiful!!

Rebeckah Austin said...

Oh wow I really love these!

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous! And you're right, the band of fabric is just perfect!

Jennifer :)

JessicaGC said...

These are great! One of my favorite pillow covers I've seen so far :)

Karin said...

I *adore* that flower print! What is it??? Love your fabric choices/colors, just lovely!

Modern Amish said...

Ooo I love the prints you pulled together. Cute pillows!

Carrie P. said...

Love the fabrics and the back is so nice too the way you used different fabrics. Makes it extra special.

Denise Hopp said...

These pillows are beautiful. Do you know how long I have been meaning to make pillows for my new sofa...2yrs! You have inspired me to get on with it. Thanks

quilt happy said...

love your pillows

anne said...

Love them! Any chance you would be willing to part with some of the dimensions? I looked at the tutorial and I think I could figure it out with the square size, narrow border width, "ray" width and final border. Love your work! Thank you.

Jenniffier Kramer said...

I am always so impress by your guys work. It is amazing!