Thursday, July 19, 2012

summertime

summer sidewalk chalk
Summertime... it's been good so far. How about for you?
I've been trying to keep the kids busy and this week we're wrapping up the swim team season. I'm looking forward to some more relaxed days.
blueberries
We have lots of blueberry fields by our house and last year we found this plant near the side of our home. It seems like this plant will ripen later in the summer... if there's any blueberries left on it. I see a certain 3 year old picking and eating the berries quite often. ;)
succulents
This summer, the weather has been particularly warm and dry. I fell in love with some succulent "pictures" I found on pinterest and put together a craft night with the women in my family so that we could all make one. Mine is still growing well (pictured below)... succulents are about the only thing thriving in the hot, steamy temperatures.
succulent pictures

a new park to explore
We've taken a few day trips here and there, but one of my favorites was to a new park near to where we live. It was a beautiful walk to the beach.
K at beach
J at beach
D at beach

So, these are the three kiddos that are keeping me on my toes. Sewing projects have been put aside and I'm just trying to enjoy my time with them. Who knows how many more summers I'll have them all together, all the time?
a new park to explore
Time sure does go by fast.
I hope you're having a wonderful summer as well!
~Jessica

7 comments:

Maureen Cracknell Handmade said...

I'm feeling the same way! I have been getting up at 6 am for the last few weeks, in an effort to sew and blog all the projects I signed on for this Summer. I definitely had a "what was I thinking" moment! I couldn't agree more, this time is SO important and it goes by WAY too fast!!

Happy Summer to you!

Carrie P. said...

enjoy these times with your children. Yes, time flies and they grow up so fast.

Sonia B said...

My mom said to me, "You only have 6 more summers with that boy." Whaaaatttt?! Time sure does fly and you must enjoy it while it lasts. Looks like a beautiful park.

Jacey said...

The bridge through the park looks lovely! I'm glad you're having a fun summer with your kiddos.

Angela {fussycut} said...

I love seeing what you and your cute family have been up to! They look so big! I'm glad you are having a great summer. It is going so fast. Let's catch up soon, I miss you! I owe you an email. :)

JoanDeArc said...

Yes time does fly by. Also, who won the Jane Sassaman Book?

René said...

Wow, thanks for the reminder. I haven't gotten out to any of the "Big" Lakes yet this summer. I've just been spending time on our small lake near Newaygo.

My boys always love going to Lake Michigan and they remember those trips long after summer is over.

Were these photos taken at Kirk Park by chance? I don't know too many parks on the lake shore with paths through the wooded areas like Kirk Park. It is one of my favorite places to go because it much less crowded than the other beaches.

Anyway looks like you are having a great summer with the Kids. And you're right---you can sew later.