Monday, August 6, 2012

100 Quilts for Kids

Hello!
Wow, summer has been flying by! Today, I'm happy to share with a quilt I'm working on for a local charity.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-gN5S06UbT2k/Te00U_BSrMI/AAAAAAABY8I/fkpMii3zUSc/s1600/100+quilts+for+kids+logo+2011.jpg
100 Quilts for Kids is an annual charity quilt drive co-hosted by Katie Blakesley of Swim Bike Quilt and the DC Modern Quilt Guild.
 The idea is simple:
Make a quilt or 2. Donate it to a child in need, locally if you can.
 Summer Stripe Quilt

This is the quilt I'm working on.
It's very simple but I think the added interest of rickrack just makes it a little more special!
I've made this style of quilt before and if you'd like to make one too, you can find more information about it here & here. It's a perfect baby or toddler size quilt. I had a lot of fun pulling fabrics and looking at different color combinations.
Summer Stripe Quilt - rickrack
This time, I added a jumbo chenille rickrack that I've had for a long time. It worked great to accompany some of the large prints in the stripes and I think some little girl will love the softness of it, too.
Summer Stripe Quilt - stripes
Once this quilt is finished up, I'm going to be sending it off to Margaret's Hope Chest. I know this quilt will bless and comfort a child through this organization in Grand Rapids, MI.

Thanks for stopping by!
I hope you make some time to sew a quilt for 100 Quilts for Kids, too!
~Jessica

10 comments:

Melissa said...

That turned out really cute! I am sure that some special girl will really love it. Great job!

Leslie said...

the ric rac is my favorite part of this quilt....it looks so great!

randi--i have to say said...

This is very cute. Love that ric rac!

Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

This is beautiful! You are right. The ric rac totally makes it! thanks, jessica.

CathyK said...

Darling quilt! Love the ric rac!

ktquilts said...

Loving all your KJR, especially the yellow ribbon flower!

Lovely quilt.

traceyjay said...

what a happy, pretty quilt! yea! :)

Karen said...

This quilt is adorable.

amandajean said...

such a simple (but beautiful!!!) quilt. i'm sure that they will be hoarding this one in the vault for years! hee hee hee!

you do SUCH a nice job! and what a great cause to donate to. :)

Spesifikasi Harga said...

Aplikasi BlackBerry Terbaik - Harga BlackBerry - Harga Samsung Galaxy - Aplikasi Adroid