Monday, August 27, 2012

a little finish

a bloom mini quilt
Towards the end of last week, I sat down and finished up the small amount of quilting that needed to be done on this mini. Those teeny, tiny swirls became easier and easier to do as I went along. At first it was hard to get over making little loops, when usually I don't want to do that in quilting.
bloom - quilty details
I tried some more creative quilting with this one. The leaves have veins in them and the flower has scalloped petals.
bloom - bedside table quilt
It's the perfect table topper for my nightstand.

I also had a wonderful time sewing and making quilts at the Margaret's Hope Chest Work Day. Hearing about the ways that these quilts will be used and given away was really special. Meeting Amanda Jean and being able to sew along side her for the day was great fun, too. I came home all inspired to sew and quilt again!

~Jessica

quilt stats:
size: approx. 19" square
pattern: inspired by Camille Roskelley's Flower Girl quilt pattern
fabrics: left over squares from my Trip Around the World quilt
started 6/2012 - finished 8/2012

16 comments:

MM Quilts and Embroidery said...

That is sooo cute! It definitely is fun to quilt different techniques over a piece. I really like that.

April (Polkadot Sparrow) said...

You were at MHC?? I was too and would have loved to meet you! I came late though and missed introductions and had to leave early. :(. I think there was at least one other blogger that I misshose too, whose blog I read.

Love your mini: what a perfect idea for a nightstand topper!

Jeni said...

Love this so much! The quilting is perfect :)

Lisa Ann said...

What a lovely project! It is really pretty!

Sonia B said...

Beautiful. Love the colors and the quilting is sublime!

Sel said...

Love the pattern and the quilting! It reminds me of these camellias we had at the house I grew up in - rows of dark pink ruffled petals with bright yellow stamens, and dark green leaves.

Beautiful!

mindingmomma said...

very sweet project

amandajean said...

it's so cute, Jessica. Nice quilting!!

It was WONDERFUL to meet and sew with you! I'm so glad that our paths (in real life) finally crossed. thanks for coming to help at the work party! you are a machine! :) hope we can do it again sometime!

Rachel said...

beautiful. the quilting is wonderful.

Ali said...

That is great! I never thought of making nightstand toppers before but now it seems like an obvious idea! I really like how textured you've made that look.

Carrie P. said...

Oh, it is so pretty! It looks great on the table too.

Tsoniki Crazy Bull said...

Beautiful! And yes, the perfect size!

Kimberly Cassie @ Quilty Doodads said...

How lovely!

ktquilts said...

Lovely little quilty! Much better for your water glass than a coaster!

Jacey said...

It's a gorgeous little mini! Your quilting is phenomenal!

Lori said...

Its very sweet.