Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A Baby Girl Trip Around the World Quilt

Baby Girl Trip Around the World

Baby Girl Trip Quilt - a
A new quilt finished just in time for a new niece born a couple of weeks ago! I'll have to send this one off in the mail to her, but I hope to be able to meet her in person soon.
Baby Girl Trip Quilt - b

Baby Girl Trip Around the World
Some simple quilting on this one, just to help hold all the layers together and let the Trip Around the World pattern shine.
I just love these girly colors. I'll probably have to make another one sometime!
Baby Girl Trip Around the World
~Jessica
quilt stats:
size: 39" square
pattern: Trip Around the World - squares cut at 3"; finish at 2.5"
fabrics: DS Quilts for Jo-Ann's, Farmdale by Alexander Henry, Girl Friday by Cosmo Cricket

32 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Absolutely love this! Perfect design, fabric and quilting! Lucky niece!

MM Quilts and Embroidery said...

Your quilt is just gorgeous! Sometimes nice and simple is better:)

carol fun said...

Such a happy quilt! Love it!

Carol said...

Beautiful quilt - I love your choice of fabrics!

Stephanie said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the bright cherry colors!

Sonia B said...

Very beautiful. Lovely colors and simple, but bold pattern. Love it!

traceyjay said...

*big sigh*
it's so wonderful...

Kelli said...

Absolutely lovely.

J said...

So, so beautiful! Well done!

Janet (we met at the MHC in Grand Rapids!)

Svetlana said...

gorgeous!!!

Angela {fussycut} said...

Oooh, love it Jess! You pick the perfect colors/prints!

Jodie said...

Beautiful!

Little Island Quilting said...

I need to make a Trip Around The World quilt! Wonderful fabric selection.

Patchwork and Play said...

Love the fabric selection and the pattern is the perfect use of it! Lovely!

Mina said...

Those fabrics are beautiful. What a fun quilt.

Janice said...

It's really sweet and happy! I am loving the pattern!

Meg said...

Lovely! I like how it is girly and fall like at the same time.

Bending Pins said...

This quilt tuned out so sweet, I know the recipient is going to be over the moon!

Tabatha

Maureen Cracknell Handmade said...

This is so, so pretty! I love it!!

machen und tun said...

awesome quilt, love the pattern and the colorchoices!!

CathyK said...

I absolutely LOVE this quilt! The color placement and the fabric is gorgeous!!!!!!

Marit said...

It's sooo pretty, and now I am very inspired to try one, myself. Thank you!
; )

Annabella said...

Simply stunning!

Patti said...

Just stunning.

Karen said...

Love this!

Sigrun said...

Really lovely, and such cheery colors!

A Seam to Sew said...

I LOVE this quilt! So beautiful!

Paty Z said...

WOW!! That was really quick!
Beautiful

Aunt Spicy said...

a-d-o-r-e!

O'Quilts said...

Wonderful job

helenjanei said...

I absolutely love this quilt! I've had a look and can't find a pattern for anything like it, any chance of a tutorial? Xx

Christine said...

Wow! Your quilt is stunning. I love it.