Thursday, September 27, 2012

ArtPrize 2012

Points of View by Dan Nelson
Points of View by Dan Nelson
A friend and I went to see the sights at ArtPrize yesterday. It was a beautiful day to walk around the city of Grand Rapids and enjoy the art on display!
It was great to see so many people attending the event and I'm sure we didn't even see half of entries. Here are just a few of the things we saw...
True Love - Elephant by Ruben Llano
True Love - Elephants by Ruben Llano
Scrappie Dick by Paul Cassidy
Scrappie Dick by Paul Cassidy
Old Tired Crow by Nick Jakubiak
Old Tired Crow by Nick Jakubiak
Bridge to Forever by Andy "Cosmo Joe" Watkins
Bridge to Forever by Andy "Cosmo Joe" Watkins
The Sturgeon by Ronald W. Harris
The Sturgeon by Ronald W. Harris
Chopper at LARGE by Ron Finch
Chopper at LARGE by Ron Finch
Concretely the Remix by Mallory Baran
Concretely the Remix by Mallory Baran
The Nanny by Monica Walker
The Nanny by Monica Walker
A Second Chance at Life by Gary and Travis Fields
A Second Chance at Life by Gary and Travis Fields
Copper Kids in a copper canoe by Al Weston
Copper Kids in a copper canoe by AlWeston
The Penguin Project by Paul Nilsson
The Penguin Project by Paul Nilsson
Disposable Game by Terry Brennan
Disposable Game by Terry Brennan
The Dragon by Robin Protz
The Dragon by Robin Protz
Ceramic Bowl Wall Installation by Jacob Grant
Ceramic Bowl Wall Installation by Jacob Grant
Sea Glass by Greg Rawls
Sea Glass by Greg Rawls
Spores by Christopher Weed
Spores by Christopher Weed
Circles 4 12 by Ellen Stucky
Circles 4 12 by Ellen Stucky
I even saw a quilt entry! :)
 I'm hoping to go back and take my husband and kids to see everything. It's so nice that it's a free event... even to get into the museums. It's well worth the trip to Grand Rapids if you're in the area.
~Jessica

7 comments:

Annelies said...

I am loving the Nanny!!! Thanks for sharing such a great event. XXX

Netta said...

What is amazing is I spent 7hours strolling GR and didn't see any of the art that you saw except the ones at the BOB. ArtPrize is such a great experience. Can't wait to get back downtown to see more. Thanks for sharing.

P├ętra said...

What a fun and beautiful show. Thanks for sharing.

mindingmomma said...

great photos

Dorothy L. Wills said...

I'm dying to go. I'm only an hour away. Hopefully I'll be there before it's over. Thanks for sharing your pics!

Anonymous said...

Love your trips around the world on point. Am desperately searching for an online tutorial/pattern to buy with no success. Any tips , so I can shamelessly copy some of your lovely ones??

twin fibers said...

Anonymous: I'd be glad to help you get started and let you know how I made mine! Please send me an email at twinfibers (at) gmail (dot) com.