Monday, September 10, 2012

stenciling

vine wall stencil - a
Hello...
Would you like to see a stenciling project?
I've always wanted to do something fun with the wall along the left side of our entry once you step into our home. I've thought about wall paper or an accent color. I have an idea for wall paper somewhere else in the house so when I came across this stencil I knew it would be something different and work well for that area.
vine wall stencil
The stencil came from the DIYstencils shop on etsy. I worked with white paint and a stencil brush for this wall. Next time I'm going to use a foam roller (I have another stenciling project in mind for my bedroom... more to come on that one). With the stencil brush, I had to do two layers of paint to make it more opaque. I really like how it's turned out, but it took a lot of time. This one wall took me about 3 weeks to finish.
vine wall stencil - b
It was really hard to get a picture of it. It's a small entry way and there are so many hallways coming into that area. So hopefully you can get the idea. For some reason, it looks much better in person than in a picture.
vine wall stencil - c
Right now, I have a cabinet along side the door (in the picture below) but I'd really like to have some sort of console table along the stenciled wall instead.
stenciled entry wall
I'll have to keep looking and see if I can find a good deal somewhere but this will work for now. The stenciling was a good change and I'm excited to work on completing that space over the fall and winter.

I hope your week is off to a good one. My kids are getting getting back into the school routine and I'll even have my youngest starting preschool next week. That will be a big week for me! :)
~Jessica

20 comments:

niveas said...

It looks just great and it gives your entrance a lot of personality! Love it!

Leslie said...

this is stunning!!

Jeni said...

Seriously, LOVE this so much!!

Erica said...

I love this! It looks great! I may have to try this myself!

giddy99 said...

It's very fetching and modern! Well done!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

The wall certainly came out well...I love it!! you're much braver than me...lol. I don't enjoy painting to start with; and never trust my judgement. But you did great with it.

belarmina said...

fantastico!!!!!!!!!!!!! saludos

mybricole said...

That looks fabulous!! I love it.

Melissa Corry said...

Love the stenciling!!! So cute!!!

Jane said...

Love it!!! Well worth your time and effort!!

trish said...

Oh wow! :0)
It looks fabulous!

Ali said...

That almost makes me want to try something like that it turned out so well, but I'm not detail oriented enough to not muck it up!

Maple Garden Quilting said...

Very snazzy! Debbie

MM Quilts and Embroidery said...

Your wall turned out really cute! Good job!

Angela {fussycut} said...

Wow!! Turned out perfect!!

Tsoniki Crazy Bull said...

That is awesome. One downfall to my having to move all the time - I don't get to make my house how I want it to make. LOL Great job!

Jacki said...

Amazing job!!! It looks great!!!

Dana said...

That looks fantastic~! you did a great job!

Hitch and Thread said...

It's gorgeous! When I saw the first picture I thought ooh I like that pattern on the wall then I found that's what the post was about. So happy.

Kati said...

I love how this turned out!