Thursday, October 3, 2013

Pixelated Vine : a finished quilt

Let's enjoy some pictures first...
Pixelated Vine Quilt - a
Pixelated Vine Quilt - d
Pixelated Vine Quilt - e
Pixelated Vine Quilt - b
Pixelated Vine Quilt - c
Pixelated Vine Quilt - f
I'm so happy to have this one finished up! I have the perfect spot for it in my downstairs entry way.

The patterned fabrics in this quilt are from a blender/texture collection called Edges by Laura Gunn. I thought that grouping the textures by color would be interesting and then the pixelated vine pattern (made by uploading a drawing to V&A's Patchwork Pattern Maker) would be a perfect match for fabric and design. The ombre dots binding was just the perfect finishing touch.

I'm so pleased with how it turned out. It's a little artistic, modern and quite a bit different than the other quilts I've made. Now I'm thinking about sewing quilts again!

~Jessica

quilt stats:
size: 29.5" x 40", the little squares finish at 1.5"
fabric: Edges by Laura Gunn for Michael Miller
batting: Quilters Dream Request
pieced, quilted and bound by Jessica

5 comments:

Melia Mae Quilting said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!! You did an excellent job!

Glinda ♥ said...

You should be pleased and I'm glad you're thinking about quilts again - your work is always lovely :)

Rosebud said...

Your quilt turned out gorgeous! Thank you for sharing the procedure with us. Did you have any problems? What image did you download for your quilt?

twin fibers said...

Thank you such everyone for the kind words!
Rosebud: I didn't have any problems making it. I used a fusible grid interfacing to help hold att the little pieces in place. That way I could just zip down the columns and rows. The picture I uploaded was a hand drawing of a vine and leaf. Very simple, Orla Kiely style. I changed up some of the fabric textures to make it more interesting in the quilt.

britt schmiesing said...

looks super cool. love the color grouping!