Tuesday, October 15, 2013

the farmers baby : a finished quilt

the farmers baby quilt - a
This has turned out so cute!
I think all the different areas of quilting really add a lot of interest and texture to the quilt.
the farmers baby quilt - b
the farmers baby quilt - c
the farmers baby quilt - d
the farmers baby quilt - e
The backing showcases the cute tossed fruit and veggie prints from this fabric collection.
the farmers baby quilt - f
It's great to be back feeling like sewing and quilting again. I even pulled out my Farmer's Wife Quilt top and have been thinking about how to quilt that. But first, I've been trying to finish up a sweater I'm knitting. I'll have to show some pictures soon! I'm almost done with the second sleeve and am so excited with how well it's turning out. :)

quilt stats:
size: 38" x 38"
design: inspired by Camille Roskelley's Single Block Swoon Baby Quilt
the center block is called "The Farmers Daughter" from The Farmers Wife Quilt Book
fabrics: Farm Fresh collection by October Afternoon for Riley Blake Designs
image
Also, I've been listing some quilts for sale in my etsy shop! Please look there for some fabric I'm destashing and a couple of vintage flower loom kits, too. Thanks so much!
~Jessica

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Ooooh -- I love that yellow print!