Friday, October 18, 2013

Urban Nine Patch Blocks

image
I had started this project quite a while ago! I made one block and then lost steam with it but I looked at it again a couple of days ago and decided it should be the next one finished. I always liked the fabrics, of course Flea Market Fancy is a favorite of mine and now I really like how its turning out now that there are some more blocks made.
The pattern is called Urban Nine Patch by Jenny Pedigo over at Sew Kind of Wonderful. She really came up with a clever tool (the Quick Curve Ruler) that makes these blocks look like they're really difficult to make, but they are quite easy once you get through the first one or two. And they turn out so nicely... points match up perfectly as long as you trim everything properly! I had a couple blocks where I trimed them a little off and it shows, but not enough for me to redo those. They will blend in just fine!
image
I'm almost done making blocks... 2 more to go and then a little re-arranging to divide up the patterns and colors. This one is going to be set on point and the solid chocolate fabric will fill in those triangles. I'm aiming for it to be a new wallhanging for my dining area.
Should be a good weekend project if it ends up raining as much as they say it's going to!
~Jessica
(p.s.~ I've been sharing more of my crafty projects on Instagram, if you'd like to follow me there. My username is twinfibers. The account is private, but just request to be added as a friend, thanks!)

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Very nice blocks, they appear to be well executed. I can't wait to see the finished quilt.

Carrie P. said...

wow! those are awesome looking blocks.

Jenny said...

Love...love...your blocks! Can't wait to see it finished!