Friday, November 15, 2013

Double Wrench Baby Quilts : finished quilts

Double Wrench Baby Quilt
These two little quilts were really fun to make! They got me back into thinking about quilting again and designing up some new quilts.
Double Wrench Baby Quilt - e
The fabrics were all pulled from a picture that I pinned in my color board on Pinterest. I tried to use all vintage inspired prints since the colors seemed to fall into that category as well.
Double Wrench Baby Quilt - d
Double Wrench Baby Quilt - c
Double Wrench Baby Quilts
Double Wrench Baby Quilt - b
It surprises me at how different the quilts look just with a different border fabric! All the fabrics in the Double Wrench blocks are the same. I really like how the blocks, when set on point, form a white border around the quilt. And those interlocking rectangles to keep them all together. I guess I'm a little enamored with this quilt design. ;)
Double Wrench Baby Quilt - a
Double Wrench Baby Quilt - rolled
I'm really thinking I need to make a larger quilt for me with this design someday!

Up next is The Farmers Wife Quilt. It's finished, I just need to take some pictures of it.
Hope you have a great weekend!
~Jessica

quilt stats:
size: aprrox. 36" x 46"
design: Double Wrench block is from 101 Fabulous Rotary-Cut Quilts by Judy Hopkins & Nancy J. Martin
batting: Warm and White
pieced, quilted and bound by Jessica

10 comments:

Laura said...

Beautiful baby quilts!

the Domina said...

these are goreous!

Allison said...

Beautiful!

Karenkay said...

Such beautiful quilts! I love the colors on both of them!!

Karenkay said...

Such beautiful quilts! I love the colors on both of them!!

Karen said...

They are beautiful! It is interesting seeing them next to one another and the difference the borders makes. I am lloking forward to seeing some of your designs.

Kara said...

They are both adorable!

Brenis said...

It's so nice to see you back and quilting again! :) you've gotten a ton done in just this short time! Wow!! Isn't it crazy what a difference a different color border (or binding) can do to a quilt? Lol maybe that's why I always stress when picking them out! Haha!

diplofam said...

hi Jessica,
I hopped over just to see if MAYBE you had started quilting and blogging again---what a great surprise! Your quilts continue to inspire me and love everything you have created over the past few months.
Blessings and welcome back :)
Carin from Margaret's Hope Chest

Jessica Kovach said...

Thank you so much everyone! You're commments are so sweet and I'm thankful for every one! :)