Monday, November 18, 2013

Ruffled Zippered Pouches

Ruffled Zippered Pouches
I've been trying to get an early start on making some handmade Christmas gifts this year. I've knit a few gifts earlier in the year and now that I've turned to sewing more, I'm making some of my favorite sewing projects. I'm not sure if I've said this before, but these zippered pouches have been the project that I have sewed the most of over the years! I think they are so useful, pretty, quick and easy to make. This time I added a ruffle inbetween the two fabric sections. I line them with fusible fleece because I like how that adds a little more structure to the bag.
Ruffled Zippered Pouches
The (free!) pattern is by Anna over at Noodlehead. It's called the Open Wide Zippered Pouch. One of the best details about the pouch is that the zipper opening extends past the edge of the bag so you can easily find what you're looking for! The pouches pictured above are of the largest size. I think they're perfect for a small knitting or handsewing project or even for organizing your suitcase when travelling.
Hopefully the recipients of these will like them just as much as I do!
~Jessica

2 comments:

Karen said...

I love making zippered pouches for gifts. I think everyone has now received one from me. I have to think of something else now. I found my 'go-to' pattern on Skip To My Lou blog. It has pleats on it. How much fun is it picking your fabric combos.

Jessica Kovach said...

They are fun to make! And I think they're a great gift...it's useful and cute. :)