Thursday, December 5, 2013

Hawaiian Memories Quilt

image
Good Morning!
Today I wanted to share with you a simple quilt that I've been working on the past month or so. Last year my husband and I were able to go on a special vacation to Hawaii and I bought some of these cute Hawaiian fabrics there. I knew I always wanted to make a quilt out of them and now it seemed like a good time to cut into them and commemorate that trip. A lot of the fabrics that I bought there have these cute little people and are novelty prints so I mixed them with a lot of other florals and geometric designs.
Hawaiian Memories Quilt - a
The block design (Coming Home pattern in the book) is from Camille Roskelley's book called Simplify. I'm making mine a lap size quilt... I figure it will be about 63" x 72" when finished.
Hawaiian Memories Quilt - b
It's simple, but I think a fun way to show off some colorful prints.
Hawaiian Memories Quilt - c
I've got 5 more rows to add on the bottom and then it'll be ready for quilting. I've got a quiet morning today so I think I'll take advantage of that and do some sewing!
Thanks for visiting,
~Jessica

8 comments:

Michelle Jensen said...

Cute Quilt Jessica. I got some Hawaii prints from when my Uncle and Aunt brought me some back. They are a WHOLE bunch of shirt scraps. I am a little jealous cute bright prints you have here :) Awesome job and thanks for sharing! - Michelle

anyadahab said...

This is such a fun pattern. And the fabrics look perfect!

Vicky said...

Perfect pattern for your gorgeous fabric!

Anita said...

I have some of the same fabric from Hawaii. That is the perfect quilt for the fabric.

tracy_a said...

lovely! what a great collection and a great pattern to show it off!

s kendron said...

I love it. I love the simplicity of it too. great fabrics.

Vicki P. said...

It's so beautiful! I love your quilts:)

Kara said...

You're absolutely right, it's a great pattern to showcase the patterns! It's going to be great!