Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Gypsy Wife Quilt top




Hello and Happy New Year! I bought the Gypsy Wife pattern booklet a while back because I just loved all the pictures I was seeing from Quilt Market of this quilt and other Jen Kingwell quilts.  I really liked that it was all machine pieced as I'm not too fond of hand piecing at the moment.  Yesterday was a snow day (as well as today) and I had a bit of time to sew in between entertaining the kiddos.  I got the quilt top all sewn together as I've had the individual blocks done for a week or two. This turned out to be another bright and colorful quilt, which I love! I used all Bonnie and Camille fabrics by Moda from a variety of their fabric lines - I just love their fabrics and how they can all play together so nicely! 

Sorry my photos are not the best color wise- Photography is not my strongest skill and I've been having a hard time getting a nice shot of them as its been so cold and snowing so much lately that I don't dare take anything outside to photograph it.

 Anyway, here are a few pictures.  If you are making this pattern, please seek out Jen Kingwells blog as she has written errata there that will help when constructing the quilt.
Hope you are enjoying your day! - Jennifer



14 comments:

Gale said...

Absolutely beautiful. I bought the pattern before the holidays and am anxious to start. I hadn't considered there might be corrections to the pattern. I am not on Instagram or Facebook. Is there anyway you could forward the corrections to my email?
Thanks.

carol fun said...

Oh what a beautiful quilt! I love the fabrics and your color placement is wonderful. Gonna have to check this pattern out. Thanks for sharing!

Deb said...

I've been following you on Instagram and I just love your finish. I actually ordered the pattern after seeing you working on it. Beautiful!!

Sinta Renee said...

I have been loving your gypsy wife quilt! I am nearly ready to start one of my very own! (although, I want to do Steam Punk first).

Anita said...

Wow! Lots of work. It looks amazing. I love it.

Melia Mae Quilting said...

Beautiful!

Jamie said...

Love it! I really want to get this pattern this year. Question: Have you found there to be a lot of mistakes in the pattern? It looked like people were commenting on that on instagram. It already looks intimidating enough:)

Michelle Jensen said...

That is a really fun pattern. We are doing a Jen Kingwell quilt right now for our BOM 2014. It is fun to try all of the mixing of fabrics especially with all the inspiration she gives us :) Cute and Great Job.

Jeanie said...

Love this!!!! Thanks for listing the errors-that is super helpful:)

Alat Bantu Sex said...

Thank you for your topic quite interesting to read
I hope to receive your posts via email upadate
What is the address of your feed, I want to subscribe via email?
Your writing can be an inspiration to me, once again thank you
obat kuat obat perangsang

Little Miss Shabby said...

I love this Jessica! So pumped to be on IG--it's an endless source of inspiration!

Unknown said...

So lovely! Am so thankful you've the time to share here and there. I always find your work to be so beautiful and inspiring.

Tracey said...

WOW, Jessica! Absolutely gorgeous! I've recently acquired the pattern and am chomping at the bit to start. Having a hard time deciding on fabric, but I just love your selection. Congrats on finishing!

Karin said...

This quilt top is sooo amazing! I have had the pattern for a while now and have been acquiring some of the more wild DS Quilts materials and I think I have enough now. Have you finished this quilt? Would love to see how you quilted it and didnt see another post on it with a search.