I've made some new pillows while I've been in the mode of cleaning up the house. I'm loving piping and trying to practice some more with that in my sewing. It's fun!
The tapestry like fabric is a vintage piece that was given to me by one of my grandma's. It almost looks like individual french knots that make up the floral design. It looks kind of retro to me with all the gold colored leaves in there. For the backing of the pillow, I paired it with a velveteen fabric from the Field Study collection by Anna Maria Horner. That velveteen is so nice to work with. It's soft and perfect for the pillow backing.
I've also been trying to use up some of the leftover larger pieces of ticking stripe from my couch slipcover. I made a rouched pillow cover that has side ties to add a little texture and variety.
All of this home decor sewing has me thinking about slip covering everything in sight! I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of Shelley's "How to Slipcover" DVD. I can't wait to try my hand at making another slipcover... it has me thinking of all sorts of possibilities!