Monday, February 3, 2014

Hawaiian Memories Quilt : a finished quilt

It's taken a while, but this one is finally bound and washed up. 

It's so good to have it completed. I think I got stuck on choosing a binding fabric. I wanted to use up something I had already and something that would blend in and not stand out too much. There's already a lot of color going on in the quilt top. Finally I pulled out a green and white gingham fabric. A perfect option, it just took me a while to realize it.
I love this backing fabric! It's so pretty, bright and spring like. It's a design by Josephine Kimberling for Blend Fabrics in a collection called Field Day.
It sure was nice to work with the summery colors and cute prints of the Hawaiian fabrics! Now I'll have a daily reminder of our trip to Hawaii. Maybe it'll help me get through the super snowy and cold winter we're experiencing right now. :)
~Jessica

quilt stats:
size: approx. 59" x 68"
pattern: block pattern is from the Coming Home quilt in Camille Roskelley's book titled "Simplify"
Warm and White cotton batting
Pieced, quilted and bound by Jessica

9 comments:

Steve said...

I love the colors in this! Like a bouquet of flowers. Good choice with the binding. And the backing fabric....I think I'll have to find some for myself. :)

tracy_a said...

gorgeous color selection and execution! Love it!

Jodi said...

Oooh, how I love this. So lively and beautiful, and the backing fabric is fantastic! We're having a snowy day right now and this quilt is so nice and springy :-)

Blue.Ridge.Girl said...

Now here is a quilt to cheer you on through the cold days of winter! A beautiful finish. Love the green gingham binding...it is just perfect for this quilt :o)

knuckstermom said...

Oh Lovely, I am inspired!

Michelle Jensen said...

SOOO pretty!!!

Anne said...

Beautiful.

Vimax Asli said...

Thank you for sharing in this article
I can learn a lot and could also be a reference
I hope to read the next your article updates
obat pembesar penis

Andy said...

This. Is. Beautiful. Can I steal it? :)