Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Vintage Fabric Bunting

I have a couple boxes of vintage fabrics from my grandma in my basement that I keep thinking I should do something with them. A long time ago, I pinned a bunting on Pinterest that was made out of vintage fabrics and I knew I'd love to make one like it for my house. The image I pinned didn't link to the correct blog, but I managed to track down the original post from Under the Sycamore about the bunting here. (There's a tutorial about how she made her bunting in her post. Mine is very similar, I just made my tumbler shapes larger.)
This was such a quick project to make and I'm really happy to see some fabrics from my grandma out and visible in my house. The bias tape was probably from her, too. She had quite the collection of sewing supplies and fabrics! Maybe this would be a great thing to make with some precious fabric scraps that you can't seem to throw away.

I found a cute place to hang it up in the house for a while this morning.
Hope you have a wonderful day!
~Jessica

7 comments:

jeanne e. said...

love it! gorgeous fabrics...and with them having sentiment is even better. i really like the artwork you have the bunting hanging over. did you make that? is it a painting or a print or a fabric piece? it reminds me a bit of Charley Harper.

also, on another note...your slipcovers have been wonderful! lovely, lovely work. :)

terri h said...

Love the bird artwork! Did you make it?

Patchwork and Play said...

This is great bunting! The shapes are quite unusual and even have a vintage feel to them! Wonderful photo of them hanging about the birdie picture too!

Patchwork and Play said...

This is great bunting! The shapes are quite unusual and even have a vintage feel to them! Wonderful photo of them hanging about the birdie picture too!

belarmina said...

genial ida para realizar con vasos (dedales)
me gusta trabajar con esta regla
saludos

Tam Francis said...

Those are sooo cool. I never thought of doing that with vintage scraps of fabric. Ooooo, and I've got old tablecloths (the printed kind) that I can't part with, but are too holey to do anything with. LOVE this idea! Thank you, thank you!

~ Tam Francis ~
www.girlinthejitterbugdress.com

Nancy B. said...

I LOVE everything in this room! What a fun shape to mix up the bunting idea. I too would love to know where you got your art. What a beautiful room with a story to tell!