Wednesday, May 21, 2014

a new quilt top

I finished sewing together this quilt top this past weekend. I've been thinking about how it should be quilted. Maybe some hand quilting with perle cotton or some sort of interesting machine quilting? But in the meantime, I need pick up some white batting.
This is a quilt pattern that I drafted a while ago. I started making it and then lost interest in it and put it away. I pulled it out again when I started going through the unfinished projects cabinet. I had forgotten how spring like and cheerful it looked!
The individual blocks are quite large. I think about 18" or so. I designed the pattern to really show off the center print in this fabric collection (Field Day by Josephine Kimberling for Blend Fabrics). 
I also found this SMILE embroidery that I made a long time ago (using Alicia Paulson's Daisy Chain Sampler). I sewed it into a zippered pouch with this cute Japanese fabric at the bottom. It's so cute, I should have done that a long time ago with it!
Hope you have a great day and some time to be creative,
~Jessica

11 comments:

stitchinpenny said...

Love it - are you going to sell the pattern?

Pieces of Cotton said...

Please tell me you are going to either sell the pattern or do a tutorial. I have some Art Gallery fabrics I'm wanting to use for my bed quilt, and this pattern looks perfect. I love it!

Michelle Jensen said...

Well everything you make is stupendous. I happen to follow you on instagram too and I am always just amazing (I think I am following you, I'm not sure which sister… anyway). So cute and that is a tuff one thinking how to quilt?? and I am a longarmer, lol. Good luck with that and I will be excited to see what you decide.

*Cornelia* said...

totally love your fabrics, so beautiful

Ella said...

Love the quilt pattern/design!

Karenkay said...

such a beautiful quilt!

Lisa C said...

Gorgeous shades in the quilt. Good job!

the Domina said...

Girl, you are on FIRE! Love the embroidery on the zip pouch. My "creativity" today was finishing some PJ pants from a vintage sheet for the daughter. But the bigger creative challenge will be figuring out what to make for supper! :)

Tiina said...

Wow! This quilt top is SO wonderful! I would love to make one myself. Great fabric too.

Claudia said...

Congratulations on a marvelous design.! This is such a pretty quilt and like others I would enjoy a pattern or tutorial to make it myself.

KK said...

I also would like to make this! Thanks Kristi