Monday, May 19, 2014

End Chair Slipcovers

I've added some information under a Custom Slipcovers tab across the top of the blog with all my slipcover information. I'm looking forward to getting that started and up an running! Please let me know if you have any questions about that.
I found some pretty blue gray lightweight upholstery fabric at Jo-Ann's on the clearance the other week. There was just over 4 yards left, but I knew that might be good for a couple of chair covers for my dining room. Over the years, I've made several covers for these chairs, but I think this style is my favorite!
I put a zipper that goes up the right side of the back of the chair. That makes it fit so nicely and the chair cover stays on better than some of the other styles I've made. 
I always like having a cover on the chair because it's so easy to wash and keep clean. Right now we have six chairs around the table and the two end ones have the new covers on them. I'll have to figure something else out for the other four, but I have an idea for that already.
I think I better get sewing on those other four chair covers and finish up the dining room update.
Happy Sewing!
~Jessica

No comments: