Tuesday, June 24, 2014

peonies and pillows

One of the things I've been anxiously waiting for this spring was to see what my peony blooms looked like. I planted three plants last fall by my front entry. It's so fun to see (and photograph) the beautiful blossoms! I'm surprised at how each plant produced a slightly different shade of pink. They smell great but I had to put them all outside after a day or so. They were giving me a headache having to smell them all day.
I'm going to look forward to these each year. It looks like there may be more blossoms forming so I may have another round of flowers this summer!
Jennifer and I also worked on making up some vintage felt flower pillow kits she bought off eBay a little while ago! 
The kit included all the precut felt pieces, so it was an easy project to put together! I even love the colors. I think the kit packaging said it was from the 1960's.
It's going to be a rainy week here, so I'm looking forward to some extra sewing time!
~Jessica

2 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Your flowers are so cute!!!

suemac said...

Wow that is a big pillow. So retro.