Tuesday, July 8, 2014

a happy summer trip around the world

DS Quilts fabrics by Denyse Schmidt for Fabric Traditions
I've had this pretty stack of fabrics siting out ever since I bought them at Jo-Ann's. The colors were so bright and cheerful. They just make you happy looking at them.
A couple of weeks ago, I cut them up into 3" squares and decided to try them out in another "Trip Around the World" design. It's a design that I really like. It's simple, you get to play around with fabric placement and just plain fun for me to make! 
This one is baby quilt sized. I'm thinking it needs a boy version as a companion. I'm not making them for any particular reason... maybe they'll end up in my etsy shop when I'm done with them. They sure would brighten up any nursery and provide a lot of pattern and color for a baby to look at.
Now I need to figure out how I'm going to quilt it and get started!
Happy Sewing...
~Jessica

1 comment:

Ann Bassett said...

I love your quilt top. So colorful and fun. Great job.