Monday, July 7, 2014

A Slipcovered Rocking Chair

Hello!
I can't believe we're into July already. We're having a fun summer so far and a few weeks ago I was able to work on a rocking chair slipcover for a client. The picture above is the original chair and below is the after. What a difference some new fabric can make!
My client wanted a new look for her sun room and the pretty blue and cream pattern went well with the color and other furniture she has in her room. She choose to keep the ottoman a more solid blue fabric (it has a very small tone on tone stripe pattern to it).
My client was very happy with how everything turned out; and I am, too! There's piping on the seat cushion and back and also on the ottoman. There are zippers on the seat and back cushions to allow for easy washing.
The arm rest covers were a little bit of a challenge to figure out, but I enjoy that part of the process. I wanted to be able to use the original snaps because this particular chair has the arm rest covers snap to the wooden frame. I created a finished square opening in the slip cover to allow the snaps to be used (as you can see in the picture below) wherever they were placed on the original padded arm rest.
I hope you've enjoyed seeing the transformation!
~Jessica

2 comments:

one line lane said...

That was a very clever solution you came up with for the snaps! The chair looks wonderful against the yellow wall - is that a photo from the sun room? I am enjoying reading about your adventures in upholstering - you may inspire me to tackle my beloved red chair that needs an update!

dq said...

Hats off to you on a finish!!! It is such a pretty little quilt with vibrant colors.