Monday, July 14, 2014

Dwell Mini Quilt

This past weekend I needed a quick and fun project to do. Camille's Mini Dwell houses were fun to make and I just dug through the scrap boxes to find fabrics. Some of them used the tiniest pieces!
I had a little bit of Kona Sky to use as the background fabric and there really isn't any rhyme or reason to the color scheme. I just tried to find fabrics that kind of went together and that were a smaller size print.

I marked the quilting lines on with a disappearing marker and had to quickly quilt it before they all disappeared! I used an Aurifil Wool thread that I had gotten as a sample from the Sewing Summit years ago. I have to say, it gives a really neat look to the quilting. It kind of looks like a thin yarn. I think i'm going to have to see if I can find some more of it somewhere. 
So, here are my little Dwell houses! Tiny and cute and just the right project for me to have something fun and creative to work on over the weekend.
~Jessica

5 comments:

Mandy said...

I love this! I love house blocks:)

Karenkay said...

love it....so adorable!

dq said...

I want, I want, I want one just like it. Love houses in quilts - they're my fave! Such a happy little quilt.

Brenda said...

How can I get the pattern to this mini quilt of the houses. That would use a lot of scraps.

Jessica Kovach said...

You can find the pattern in Camille's shop through her blog ( link in the post). Happy sewing!