Friday, December 5, 2014

Tie-on Chair Cushions

Another project I've worked on the past couple of weeks is a couple of chair cushions with ties. My client provided a custom printed canvas fabric from Spoonflower for the top and a gray textured fabric for the underside. It's a very pretty aqua and gray print, I'd love to see what the whole room looks like with these!
I used a tutorial (found here) to give me an idea of how to make these. I ended up finding some upholstery batting at the fabric store to cover the foam pads with. It sure gives the cushion nice rounded edges and I think it will hold up much better than regular batting or stuffing.
Here's the cushion tied to one of my dining room chairs. It doesn't have the same outline as the chairs these were made for, but it gives you a good idea of what it would look like.
Now this kind of makes me want to make all new covers for my dining room chairs in a fun fabric. :) The list never ends! 
~Jessica

2 comments:

Melia Mae Quilting said...

You did a fantastic job! I can't wait until my sister see them! Thanks for being such a great person to work with!

the Domina said...

They look great! You inspire me to sew cushions for my sad looking chairs.

Maybe I'll see you over the holidays while we're up in your neck of the woods! :)