Thursday, January 22, 2015

White Couch Slipcover

Good Morning!
I feel like I haven't been in this place in quite a while. It's 2015 already...wow. I have a feeling that this will be a good year. I'm working hard at sewing almost every day. I've been making lots and lots of vinyl replacement chair covers for another company, so that has been a blessing and has kept me very occupied during the day (and sometimes the evenings, too). 

Over the past few weeks, I've had the pleasure of making a couch slipcover for a client. 
Here's the before and after (below).  My client chose a white bull denim from fabric.com. It's a beautiful and surprisingly soft fabric. It's wonderful that it's thick enough so that the floral upholstery doesn't show through.
She didn't want the back cushions removed from the couch (they're attached) so I draped the fabric over it all and added some pleats on the side to help it drape nicely. I pieced the fabric in 3 sections to follow along with each of the back cushions.


It sure is quite the transformation and I'm so happy that my client was pleased with the results.
I'm looking forward to sewing more slipcovers this year!
~Jessica

3 comments:

karen @ badlandsquilts said...

That is fabulous!

Teresa said...

The transformation is amazing - I went to fabric.com to check out the fabric and really its not very expensive - I love this idea. I have no idea how you do it but I love it.

Pamela Boatright said...

Amazing the difference a slipcover makes! Great work!