Wednesday, March 4, 2015

White Slipcovered Couch

I've been sewing a lot the past few weeks, so I have some fun things to share with you. First up is a couch that I sewed a white slipcover for. It looks like a completely different couch (you can see the before picture below)! It's a sleek and trim slipcover with a waterfall skirt and a 2" blind hem.
Ethan Allen Couch - before slipcovering
I love how all the piping looks on the cushions and slipcover base. One of the fun things for me with creating slipcovers is seeing the change in the look of a piece of furniture just by cutting up and sewing fabric back together. It's really satisfying when it all works out and comes together in a finished piece.

Another bit of exciting news for me is that I will be attending Shelley's Slipcovering Workshop in April! I'm so excited to spend a few days near Salt Lake City and learn some tips and tricks for slipcovering from Shelley. More on that to come, for sure. :)

Thanks for stopping by!
~Jessica

3 comments:

Sharon said...

You are so talented! What a difference!

SuzyMcQ said...

Beautiful job, Jessica! It looks like a new and much more luxurious and classic couch!

Kim said...

great job and so fresh and modern! I see my two fat, black cats eyeballing the pictures with lust :-)