Monday, July 13, 2015

Scrolled Back Chair Slipcover

This week, I'm going to try and play "catch up"! I have quite a few slipcover projects to share and the first one up is a scrolled back chair that I finished up a month or so ago. As you can see from the picture below, this chair started with a heavy floral pattern. The chair was in great shape and was still comfortable so a new slipcover gave it a whole new life!
My client's interior designer choose a heavy weight upholstery fabric just to make sure that the floral didn't show through. It was a beautiful fabric with a little sheen to it.
I followed a lot of the same lines as the base of the chair with the piping and I really like how the side profile looks. It was a bit of a challenge with all the curves but I'm really pleased with how it all came together.
I hope to be back in the next day or so with another slipcover project. My kids are finishing up the summer swim team this week so I hope to have a little more time for some fun sewing, too! Maybe even a knitting project...I haven't picked up the needles in quite a while and I'm itching to knit something, too.
Thanks for visiting!
~Jessica

3 comments:

Scooquilt said...

Mmmm. Vanilla and piping and sleigh lines. This is great.

Verna Groger said...

Beautiful work!

Karen said...

Wow! What a transformation. Excellent work!