Friday, July 17, 2015

Slipcovered Loveseat

Good Morning!
I'm up early in a quiet house (so far) and I thought I'd take some time to share with you a slipcover that I've worked on over the past few weeks. The before picture is above and a few in progress pictures are below.

Here it is with it's new slipcover. The fabric is the same herringbone fabric that I used on another loveseat a few months ago! It's a great fabric with a little pattern to it and a neutral color. (the fabric is by Richloom...named Olson Woven Herringbone in cement)
This loveseat has a tight back (meaning there were not any separate back cushions). There was a bit if a dip in the center and a crease there, so I ran piping down the middle back to fit in that groove.
I hope your Friday is off to a good start! I'm going to be working on some sewing projects and maybe  a little painting, too. The summer swim season for my kids is almost done so I'm looking forward to a little more time with projects around the house.
~Jessica

5 comments:

Pam said...

What inspiration - thank you!

the Domina said...

As always - your work looks so professional and well made. Beautiful!

Angela Nash said...

Wow! That's fabulous. Any basic slipcover making tips? When you pin the fabric on inside out, do you pin and then stitch on what would be the exact seam line, or is the stitching line tighter/looser?

Michelle Jensen said...

Ummm...... Awesome!! I am always just so thrilled with your talent and I just love seeing the final product. It is amazing. :) Love!

Vimax said...

Nice blog and article, thanks for sharing.